Completely OT

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:17:15 EST 2009

On 12/1/2009 5:00 AM, inhahe wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:58 PM, inhahe<inhahe at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Victor Subervi
>> <victorsubervi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>

>>> If I'm not mistaken, that won't help me actually print to screen the user's
>>> choices as he selects them, which in my application, is important. Please
>>> advise.

That's where Javascript kicks in. You only need to use the javascript to
modify your document (visual effect); you won't need it to submit to the
server (the real action).

> also don't forget to sanitize the data you receive before committing
> it to the database, or someone can hack the javascript and send an SQL
> injection attack

Or a XSS attack (Cross-site scripting). Basically, you want to check
whether the string received by the server matches your own predefined
list of colors before storing to the database.