Completely OT

inhahe inhahe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:39:45 EST 2009

i'm pretty new to javascript programming, but i'm pretty sure you just
need ajax, which AFAIK is a highly technical way of saying "using
javascript in a way that makes web pages interactive"
JSON afaik is a way of data to and from the server that allows for
lists and more variable types and such, but also requires the user
download a third-party js file that implements JSON.  i don't think
you'd technically need JSON, because you could simply send the server
a string of all the colors selected delimited by a space or | or
something.
javascript also probably has inherent functions for generating xml,
considering that the object you use to communicate with the server is
an xmlhttprequst. but i think xml might be overkill in this case.

the javascript would populate the list for the colors the user selects
(the easiest way would probably be to give the list an id and use
getElementByID()), and then when he's done it would create an
xmlhttprequest object to send the data to the server.