Variables with cross-module usage

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Nov 29 20:00:07 EST 2009

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	In these languages, the names always refer to the same location.
> Python confuses matters by having names that don't really refer to
> location, but are attached to the objects.

In everyday life and natural languages, names refer to people, other
objects, roles, and only occasionally to places that can be occupied. I
could claim that it is classical computer languages that confuse by
restricting names to locations in a linear sequence. You are just used
to the straightjacket ;-).