Feature request: String-inferred names

The Music Guy fearsomedragonfly at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 05:15:25 EST 2009

Okay, I'm having a really hard time telling which messages are getting
on to the list and which ones aren't. Some of the messages I send show
up in the comp.lang.python mirror in Google Groups, and some aren't.
Others show up on the Groups mirror, but don't show up in Gmail, or
show up in a different order. It seems the only way I can guarantee
anything showing up on Groups is to post on Groups, but that makes it
difficult because I can't see the messages in the thread that only
appear in my inbox. Is there a quick fix for this, because it's
getting pretty aggravating trying to figure out who heard what. I
don't like mailing lists. :P