Filling in a tuple from unknown size list

inhahe inhahe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 04:42:30 EST 2009

maybe that thing in python 3 that someone mentioned is the answer, but
otherwise i always think Python should admit something like this:

a, b, c, *d = list

i.e. if list were [1,2,3,4,5], you'd get a=1, b=2, c=3, d=[4, 5]

not that that solves the None problem, though i don't have any feature
suggestions that would address that.