Access to file in Windows Xp

Jon Clements joncle at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 06:37:33 EST 2009

On Nov 27, 11:26 am, FelixCatus <fram... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good morning to all,
> I have written a simple python script that extracts data from a lot
> (800Mb) of text files.
> Now... In Linux the extraction runs in more or less 1s in Windows Xp
> it takes 325 - 326 s.

I find that really hard to believe; I don't think I'd even be
convinced 1s is correct if all the files were mounted under a ramfs,
with blazingly fast RAM and huge amounts of multi-core CPUs running in
parallel.

I'd guess your code has a subtle flaw that:
1) under Linux causes it to not do some work
2) under XP causes it to do too much work

Can you confirm you get the same results, and maybe post some code?

Jon.