hex int and string

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Nov 27 04:22:38 EST 2009

luca72 <lucaberto at libero.it> writes:

> str = 'D3'

Be careful when choosing names. Here you have clobbered the existing
string type binding to the name ‘str’.

> and i need to trasform in 0xd3 type int and not type string how i can
> do this?

You already have the answer; you used it in your example below. I can
only assume you're wanting something additional; what is that?

> if i do hex(int(str,16) ) i obtain a string and this is not what i
> need.

You either want it as an int, or you want it as a string. Which is it?

    >>> foo = 'D3'
    >>> int(foo, 16)
    211
    >>> 0xD3
    211
    >>> int(foo, 16) == 0xD3
    True

--
 \            “Human reason is snatching everything to itself, leaving |
  `\                     nothing for faith.” —Saint Bernard, 1090–1153 |