Anything equivalent to cassert in C++?

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Nov 26 13:08:41 EST 2009

Peng Yu wrote:
> There are some assertion code (testing if a condition is false, if it
> is false, raise an Error object) in my python, which is useful when I
> test my package.  But such case would never occur when in the produce
> code. If I keep them in if statement, it will take some runtime. I'm
> wondering what is the practice that take care of the assertion code in
> python.

Would never occur ? You can't use 'would' and 'never' in the same
sentence. That is the kind of concect that make (to me) asserts diffcult
to use.
I personally never use asserts in python, cause I will end up handling
with asserts what I should in fact handle properly in what you call the
production code.

Anyway that does not answer your question I'm sorry to be off topic,
'tis just a thought. Simon gave you the proper answer.

Jean-Michel