Python Statements/Keyword Localization

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Thu Nov 26 08:17:58 EST 2009

Terry Reedy wrote:

> A 'pro' argument: Python was designed for learning and is good for that
> and *is* used in schools down to the elementary level. But kids cannot
> be expected to know foreign alphabets and words whill still learning
> their own.

I taught myself BASIC at 9 by reading magazines, but had my first
english lessons five years later.
Knowing english would have helped to understand the operating/language
manuals, not the language keywords themselves.

I suppose if you were to try what the OP suggested, you would need to
translate a lot of the standard library, parameter names, and such...
nonsense.