Python Statements/Keyword Localization

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Wed Nov 25 15:27:53 EST 2009

Emanuele D'Arrigo <manu3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings everybody,
>
> some time ago I saw a paper that used an XSL transformation sheet to
> transform (if I remember correctly) a Chinese xml file (inclusive of
> Chinese-script XML tags) into an XHTML file.
>
> More recently you might have all heard how the ICANN has opened up the
> way for non-latin characters in domain names, so that we'll soon start
> seeing URLs using Russian, Asian and Arabic characters.

Non-latin characters in domain names are already possible (and usable and
actually used) for some years by now. Google for "punycode".

ICANN was talking about TLD.

> I can imagine how a translation script going through the source code
> could do a 1:1 keyword translation to English fairly quickly

...and get conflickts because I named my variable (in English python),
say, stampa.

Anyway, see http://www.chinesepython.org

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |