[repost please help me] python setup.py build for 32-bits on x86_64 machine

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Nov 23 13:10:24 EST 2009

Sérgio Monteiro Basto wrote:

> Hi,
> I am in x86_64 arch , but I need
> compile things on 32 bits with
> python setup.py build
>
> Can't change the fact that distutils creates x86_64
> directories:
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.3/
>
> Also if I try with a python compile in 32bits and installed
> in system .

I doubt that. Distutils will always build based on the architecture of the
interpreter you used when building an external module.

Are you sure that the python you used to build the extension was the right
one? What does

<your-32-bit-python> -c "from distutils.util import get_platform; print
get_platform()"

return?

Diez