xmlrpc idea for getting around the GIL

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 03:01:16 EST 2009

On Nov 22, 10:58 pm, Patrick Stinson <patrickstinson.li... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Diez B. Roggisch <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
icating) the multiprocessing module would be ideal.
> > The problem is that the OP has a embedded application running threads.
> > multiprocssing doesn't help there.
>
> that's right. I cannot make CPython calls from my original C-based threads.

It's quite possible to do that.  A thread started from C can make
calls to Python if it first calls PyGILState_Ensure, although you'd
have to make sure that the Python interpreter has been previously
initialized.  See PEP 311 for details.

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0311/

I also suggest that if you want people to be more receptive to write
your replies after the quoted text.  That is the custom in this
newsgroup/mailing list.

Carl Banks