python bijection

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 19 21:36:19 EST 2009

Carl Banks <pavlovevidence at gmail.com> writes:

> On Nov 19, 3:24 pm, Joshua Bronson <jabron... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I couldn't find a library providing a bijective map data structure
> > (allowing for constant-time lookups by value) in the few minutes I
> > looked, so I took a few more minutes to code one
> > up:http://bitbucket.org/jab/toys/src/tip/bijection.py
> >
> > Is this at all worth releasing? Comments and suggestions welcome.
>
> Apart from the GPL, it seems perfectly fine to release, and looks like
> an interesting strategy. I've wanted one of those once in a while,
> never enough to bother looking for one or writing one myself.

I would think GPL is an excellent choice for such a library then, if the
author's intention is to encourage more software to be free software so
that it can incorporate a unique library like this.

--
 \          “The fact that I have no remedy for all the sorrows of the |
  `\     world is no reason for my accepting yours. It simply supports |