hex

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 18:45:56 EST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:29:59 -0000, hong zhang <henryzhang62 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> List,
>
> I want to input hex number instead of int number. in type="int" in
> following,
>
> parser.add_option("-F", "--forcemcs", dest="force_mcs", type="int",
> default=0, help="index of 11n mcs table. Default: 0.")
>
> How can I do it?

Assuming you're talking about "optparse", just prefix the number with "0x"
on the command line:

python myscript.py -F 0xDEAD

If you don't want to have to type the leading "0x", you'll either have to
make yourself a custom type for optparse, or treat it as a string and do
the parsing and error handling afterwards.  My recommendation is that you
don't do this: not prefixing your constants if they aren't decimal is an
accident waiting to happen.