IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Nov 18 10:22:38 EST 2009

On 2009-11-18, hong zhang <henryzhang62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Apparently the harddisk where you stored the file is full?

It's not a real file, and takes up no space.

> I have plenty space see:
> $ df -l
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda1             74027808   4910016  65357380   7% /

That doesn't matter.  /sys doesn't contain real files.  It's an
API to access kernel internals.

> but following is good.
>
> cont_tx = 1
> for i in glob.glob('/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy*/iwlagn/data/continuous_tx'):
>      with open(i, 'w') as f:
>          print >>f, cont_tx

Well, if that works, then what's your problem?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I wonder if I ought
                                  at               to tell them about my