A "terminators' club" for clp

gil_johnson x7-g5W_rt at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 16 13:57:36 EST 2009

On Nov 14, 12:08 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 7:28 am, gil_johnson <x7-g5W... at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Actually there is a "rank this post" (gotta be careful with that
> verbage!) AND a "report this post as spam". Of course it only exists
> in GG's and not Usenet. I *do* know that the star system is used quite
> frequently, but i doubt anyone bothers to use the "report as spam"
> link since it seems have no effect whatsoever.

Heh. I should look around more before posting. It does prove your
point, though. The 'spam' button is ubiquitous, but so seldom used
it's forgotten.

Actually, my enthusiasm for my idea faded with a little thought. It is
an extra effort to open spam to get to the 'spam' button, and sends
the message to the spammer that people are, indeed opening their junk.
I'd use it if I opened a message with a deceptive subject.
Gil