IDE for python

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Nov 16 00:09:21 EST 2009

On 15 Nov, 18:09, Peng Yu <pengyu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> There had been some discussion on IDE. But I'm not sure what pros and
> cons of each choice. Current, I'm using vim and ctags.
>
> Could somebody give some advices on choosing the best IDE for me?

There is a plug-in to develop (amd debug) Python using MS Visual
Studio. It works with IronPython and CPython.

There is the PyDev plug-in for Eclipse.

There is Komodo from ActiveState.

There is KDevelop in KDE4.

Which is better? I don't know.

My impression is that Python development does noe need an IDE like
e.g. C++ development do. There is no build process, which takes the
major advantage of the IDE away. I am fine with a editor like IDLE or
Kate.