#define (from C) in Python

Santiago Romero sromero at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 06:17:08 EST 2009

> Python IS slower than perl, especially since you are dealing with
> objects. However, I'd suggest go the cPickle route - have a Z80Cpu
> module, and its C equivalent, cZ80, and use that one if available. This
> way, the emulator will be actually usable everywhere.

 Thanks for the advice but ... my (currently working) emulator is
already written in C, I don't see the point of calling it from a
python module. I had 2 options: port the emulator from C+Allegro to C
+SDL or port it to Python+Pygame+SDL...

 And the fun is trying to write it in pure python with pygame, without
external C :-)

 I'll do a quick test, if I see that I can't achieve 100% speed in my
other computer (DualCore2 1.82Ghz, the basic-standard-minimum computer
nowadays), then I'll give up, but at least I want to try it X-D

 Today or tomorrow I'm finishing the pyinliner.py preprocessor X-D.
I'll paste the results here :-)

 Thanks for your answer :-)