A "terminators' club" for clp

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 14 21:09:02 EST 2009

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>> To post from g.c.p.g, one must use a real email address and respond
>> once to an email sent to that address.
>>
>> So, the only reason to use c.l.p is if one wants to post anonymously,
>> like the spammers do ;-).
>
> No I don't think so.  "Unwilling to disclose email address or enroll
> yet another computer account" is not the same as "anonymous".

There is no 'enrolling' except for hitting reply to an email *when you
first post*, but never to just read. You point your news reader to gmane
just like to any other newsserver. Once you do, you have access to a
couple hundred other Python mailing lists and 1000s of others. I believe
c.l.p is one of the few that also appear on gmane, and only because of
its gateway to/from python-list.

Terry Jan Reedy