A "terminators' club" for clp

gil_johnson x7-g5W_rt at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 14 08:28:30 EST 2009

On Nov 13, 5:29 pm, kj <no.em... at please.post> wrote:
[...]
> Or it could be set up so that at least n > 1 "delete" votes and no
> "keep" votes are required to get something nixed.  Etc.
>
> This seems simpler than all-out moderation.
>
> ("all-out moderation"? now, there's an oxymoron for ya!)

How about using a "rank this post" feature? Anybody could rank a post
as spam, and a sufficiently large number of negatives would quickly
draw the attention of someone with the power to kill the message. I
suppose even this is subject to abuse, allowing harassment of a
legitimate poster., but my guess is that the votes against counterfeit
Nike shoes, etc., would outnumber the most energetic "vote troll."
Gil