python simply not scaleable enough for google?

Brian J Mingus Brian.Mingus at Colorado.EDU
Fri Nov 13 15:46:15 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve at remove-this-cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:20:11 -0800, Vincent Manis wrote:
>
> > When I was approximately 5, everybody knew that higher level languages
> were too slow for high-speed numeric computation (I actually didn't know
> that then, I was too busy watching Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men), and
> therefore assembly languages were mandatory. Then IBM developed Fortran, and
> higher-level languages were not too slow for numeric computation.
>
> Vincent, could you please fix your mail client, or news client, so
> that it follows the standard for mail and news (that is, it has a
> hard-break after 68 or 72 characters?
>
> Having to scroll horizontally to read your posts is a real pain.

You're joking, right? Try purchasing a computer manufactured in this
millennium. Monitors are much wider than 72 characters nowadays, old timer.