object serialization as python scripts

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Nov 13 12:33:48 EST 2009

King schrieb:
> I have looked upon various object serialization de-serialization
> techniques.
> (shelve, pickle, anydbm, custom xml format etc.) What I personally
> feel that instead of all these
> methods for saving the objects it would be easier to save the data as
> python scripts itself.
> In this case, loading the data is merely to run the script in the
> context itself.
> Need some expert advice and pointers here. Is there any thing (module,
> script, doc, article)
> helpful out there for the concern?

Why is it easier than the above mentioned - they are *there* (except the
custom xml), and just can be used. What don't they do you want to do?

Other than that, and even security issues put aside, I don't see much
difference between pickle and python code, except the latter being more
verbose. Which suits humans, but other than that has no advantage.

Diez