python simply not scaleable enough for google?

Fri Nov 13 02:19:08 EST 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:20:11 -0800, Vincent Manis wrote:

> When I was approximately 5, everybody knew that higher level languages were too slow for high-speed numeric computation (I actually didn't know that then, I was too busy watching Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men), and therefore assembly languages were mandatory. Then IBM developed Fortran, and higher-level languages were not too slow for numeric computation.

Vincent, could you please fix your mail client, or news client, so
that it follows the standard for mail and news (that is, it has a
hard-break after 68 or 72 characters?

Having to scroll horizontally to read your posts is a real pain.

--
Steven