New syntax for blocks

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:55:12 EST 2009

On Nov 12, 2:37 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:

> > Oh i get it now! If i assign a valid value to a variable the variable
> > is also valid...thats...thats... GENUIS! *sarcasm*
>
> It's not about "assigning a valid value to a variable", it's about the
> name being created (or not) in the current namespace, whatever it's
> bound to.

And thats what my sarcasm was alluding to. Steven's argument is moot
because it will blow up either way due to the fact that "value" is non-
existent! Every argument that has been brought forth about how this
will break is just False and basically a bunch of FUD! It just garbage
so you can discredit the idea.

It's actually quite funny when someone as small as me can bring down
the iron curtain of c.l.py.
  '''Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall!'''

How about one of you "esteemed" Pythonista's show me a real example
where it will break. Show me (and the world) this H.G Wells
nightmarish scenario you speak of but show no solid proofs. Sorry
chaps, I don't buy snake oil!

Going, Going, Gonnnne, out the park!

PS: And if it were so dangerous why would someone as knowledgeable as
Carl have stepped in and supported it. I think because (like me) Carl
put's the language before sewing circles. I think it's just personal
like all the times before, that's OK, i have very thick skin! If it's
wrong for a good reason i will graciously accept that, but no one has
proven it's non-worth, not yet!