installing lxml ?

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 20:16:41 EST 2009

On Nov 11, 5:59 pm, 7stud <bbxx789_0... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) Maybe the installation instructions for mac osx should read:
>
> ====
> Installation Instructions
> MAC OS X:
> We're not sure how mac osx works with easy_install.  Apple's system
> installations of libxml and libxslt are pretty bad--and they are
> difficult to upgrade.  As a result, the following instructions may or
> may not work for you...
> ====
>
> 2) Stop proclaiming that lxml is cross platform and/or stop
> recommending easy_install.
>
> 3) Don't split up relevant installation instructions over two web
> pages and then bury the link connecting the two web pages at the
> bottom of one of the pages.

...and most importantly:

4) The path to easy_install may not get added to your PATH environment
variable, so using the full path to easy_install might be necessary
when issuing the easy_install command.  If you get an error that says:

easy_install: command not found

then you will need to use the full path to easy_install.  Some
installs will put easy_install here:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.6/bin/easy_install

Others will put it here:

If can't locate easy_install in any of those directories, you can
locate easy_install using the find command:

find / -name easy_install