installing lxml ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Nov 11 15:37:00 EST 2009

7stud wrote:
> On Nov 11, 7:37 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>> And third,
>> there are limits to what extend one can anticipate the ineptness of

Calling you inept was unnecessary, but....

>> others to read. The page you cite from starts with:

You wrote
"
I'm trying to install lxml, but I can't figure out the installation
instructions.  Here:

http://codespeak.net/lxml/installation.html
"

>>    For special installation instructions regarding MS Windows and
>> MacOS-X, see below.

and that page indeed begins with the words above.

>> And below you find this link:
>>
>>    http://codespeak.net/lxml/build.html#building-lxml-on-macos-x
>>
>> Which contains the proper command
>>
>>    STATIC_DEPS=true sudo easy_install lxml

And this is also true.

> Your characterization of that web page is so fraudulent that I can
> only say one thing in response:  You are a damn liar.

So this makes no sense. If, when you have calmed down a bit, you have
suggestions for improving the installation instructions, that might be
more constructive. The lxml developers have obviously gone to some
effort to give comprehensible instructions. Writing such is not easy. So
if they have failed in your case, feedback might be considered.

tjr