how to create a pip package

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:25:57 EST 2009

On Nov 10, 3:11 pm, Wolodja Wentland <wentl... at cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
wrote:

> The pip requirement file would contain the following line:
>
> -e git+git://example.com/repo.git#egg=rep
>
> I hope this answers your questions :-D

Let me ask it like this. What happens when a user types..?

   sudo pip install repo

Is github one of the default sites pip scans?

If so, will it rip a requirements file in the root of repo.git? If so,
what file name should that have?

All the pages I'm reading start at the complex end of the requirements
file concept. They don't seem to mention simple things like the name
of the file, or how to lead pip to the file.