pythonw.exe under Windows-7 (Won't run for one admin user)

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 18:35:47 EST 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:39:46 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897 at nosuchmail.com> wrote:

> Rhodri James wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:19:44 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897 at nosuchmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Rhodri, here's a dump file, don't know if this helps or not..
>>  So Windows is reporting a crash, then.  I'll repeat my last question
>> in particular; what happens when your admin user runs the program
>> you're trying to invoke from the command line?
>>

> Hi Rhodri, Python Command-Line works fine.

I'm sure it does.  That's not what I asked you.

> Are toy recommending to invoke IDLE from there or from windows command
> line?

No, I'm asking you -- or rather your admin user -- to invoke the program
that is giving you grief from the command line, i.e. "python myscript.py",
and tell me what happens.  "It doesn't work" won't be considered at all
helpful; without details we might as well just print out your script,
throw darts at it, and tell you the problem is where the darts land.

The rest of your answer however suggests that I've fundamentally
misunderstood what you've said.  Please tell me *exactly* what happens
when it doesn't "run fine" for your admin user.