futures - a new package for asynchronous execution

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Nov 10 18:23:40 EST 2009

In article <mailman.2658.1257474254.2807.python-list at python.org>,
Brian Quinlan  <brian at sweetapp.com> wrote:

>I recently implemented a package that I'd like to have include in the
>Python 3.x standard library (and maybe Python 2.x) and I'd love to
>have the feedback of this list.

Any recently implemented library has an extremely high bar before it gets
adopted into the standard library.  You should concentrate on persuading
people to use your library; for example, you should make regular feature
and bugfix releases and announce them on c.l.py.announce.

[on old computer technologies and programmers]  "Fancy tail fins on a
brand new '59 Cadillac didn't mean throwing out a whole generation of
mechanics who started with model As."  --Andrew Dalke