Choosing GUI Module for Python

Simon Hibbs simon.hibbs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:08:14 EST 2009

On 10 Nov, 10:40, Lorenzo Gatti <ga... at dsdata.it> wrote:

> I also would like to use PySide, but unlike PyQt and Qt itself it
> doesn't seem likely to support Windows in the foreseeable future. A
> pity, to put it mildly.

It's not been ruled out. They don't officialy support the Mac either,
but according to posts on the mailing list a independent developer has
got it working in MacOS X at some level. Since QT runs on Windows,
porting to the Windows version of QT shouldn't be hard.

PySide is for the future, not the present, but it gives me a lot more
confidence in using and recomending PyQT to know that there is so much
work being put in to make sure it has a great future.

Simon Hibbs