Python as network protocol

Robert Latest boblatest at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 15:02:23 EST 2009

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2009-11-10, Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>>> How do you know for sure? Maybe the OP wants to use this thing
>>> with 3 known researchers working on a cluster that is not even
>>> visible to the outside world.
>
> And those three researchers are perfect?  They've never even
> made a typographical error?

Anybody with sufficient access can bring down a system by accident. It
doesn't matter if it's a single computer or an isolated cluster.

The question on how accident-proof the network needs to be depends on
how many people's work is affected by someone bringing it down. Since we
know nothing about the scale of the network we can't say that the
proposed protocol is "too unsafe".

robert