Python as network protocol

Martin martin at marcher.name
Tue Nov 10 10:46:45 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 16:31, Daniel Fetchinson
<fetchinson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> This is a *really* bad idea.
>
> How do you know for sure? Maybe the OP wants to use this thing with 3
> known researchers working on a cluster that is not even visible to the
> outside world. In such a setup the model the OP suggested is a
> perfectly reasonable one. I say this because I often work in such an
> environment and security is never an issue for us. And I find it
> always amusing that whenever I outline our code to a non-scientist
> programmer they always run away in shock and never talk to us again :)
> Nevertheless our code works perfectly for our purposes.

It is a bad idea because that's exactly why we now have a spam
problem. It _was_ a trusted environment once upon a time. Just check
your spam messages to see why ignoring security can lead to really bad
results.

Do you know for sure that in say 3-5 years from now on your software
isn't released into the wild and then has no security at all?

regards,
Martin

--
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martinmarcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.