how to create a pip package

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:30:53 EST 2009

On Nov 10, 1:54 am, Wolodja Wentland <wentl... at cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
wrote:

> http://docs.python.org/library/distutils.html#module-distutils
> http://packages.python.org/distribute/

ktx... now some utterly retarded questions to prevent false starts.

the distutils page starts with "from distutils.core import setup".

but a sample project on github, presumably a pippable project, starts
with:

    from setuptools import setup, find_packages

(and it also has ez_setup())

I don't foresee my project growing larger than one* file any time
soon. 'pip freeze' prob'ly won't write a setup.py. What is the
absolute simplest setup.py to stick my project on the PYTHONPATH, and
be done with it?

[*but rest assured it has a developer test suite and a customer test
script!]

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand