exception due to NoneType

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sat Nov 7 12:36:08 EST 2009

asit a écrit :
> In my program I want to catch exception which is caused by accessing
> NoneType object.
>
> Can anyone suggest me how this can be done ??

Not without the minimal working code exposing your problem, or the full
traceback you got. Merely "accessing NoneType object" doesn't by itself
raise any exception... I suspect you get the None object where you
expected something else and try to access an attribute of this
'something else', and ends up getting an AttributeError, but there are
other possible scenarii that might fit your (very poor) description of
the problem, so no way too help you without more informations. As a
general rule, remember that the traceback is actually meant to *help*
finding out what went wring.