Docs Typo

Sat Nov 7 10:04:39 EST 2009

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 01:09:51 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <87eioghrsk.fsf at benfinney.id.au>, Ben Finney wrote:
>
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> writes:
>>
>>> <http://docs.python.org/library/turtle.html> -- “ScrolledCavas” should
>>> be “ScrolledCanvas”.
>>
>> Thanks for finding and describing a fault with the Python
>> documentation. This is not the right place for reporting it, though:
>> this is the Python user forum, not an appropriate place for reporting
>> faults.
>>
>> If you would like the issue to be addressed, please report it to the
>> Python bug tracking system <URL:http://bugs.python.org/>.
>
> What do you want, a bloody HTML patch? Just fix the damn typo, already!

I tried abusing strangers on the Internet, but the typo is still there.
So I tried waving my hands in the air, but the typo is still there. Then
I tried chanting magical incantations, but the typo is still there. I
tried kicking the dog across the room, but the typo is still there. Next
I'm going to try wishing really, really hard, and if that fails I'll try
abusing strangers on the Internet again, and if that still fails, well, I
guess that there just is no possible way to fix typos in the Python
documentation.

Such a pity. If only there was, oh I don't know, a Python bug tracker or
something, where one could report bugs and have them fixed.

--
Steven