Py2exe error

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Sat Nov 7 01:12:32 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Joshua Leihe <jleihe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering if anyone know how to fix this.
> When I try to import py2exe version 0.6.9, using the command "import py2exe"
> I get the following error message.
>
> Warning (from warnings module):
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2exe\build_exe.py",
> line 16
>     import sets
> DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
>
> Apparently something is wrong with the sets module, but I don't know how to
> fix it.
> Any ideas?

It's a warning, not an error, so you don't truly need to fix it. You
can safely ignore it.
Apparently your version of py2exe was written for a Python version
before sets became a built-in type and thus importing the `sets`
module was required in order to use them.
Since sets are now built-in, the `sets` module is being phased out,
hence the warning; nothing is erroneous with the `sets` module, you're
just being told the py2exe code is using it and that it's being
deprecated. The py2exe code will /eventually/ need to be changed when
it's ported to a version of Python that completely removes the `sets`
module (e.g. 3.x), but it's nothing you personally need to worry
about.

Cheers,
Chris
--