list to table

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Nov 6 22:31:35 EST 2009

En Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:44:38 -0300, John Posner <jjposner at optimum.net>
escribió:
> Gabriel Genellina said:

>> Yes, probably that section should be improved (except the final example
>> added, the text hasn't changed since it was first written, more than 9
>> years ago).

> FWIW ... following on a discussion in this forum in March of this year I
> submitted issue #5621 at bugs.python.org [...]
> My change was accepted (with some rearrangements made by Georg Brandl),
> but has not yet been included in any Py2 or Py3 release, AFAIK.

That's strange. Your modified text appears in the online version of the
documentation for 2.6.4:
http://www.python.org/doc/2.6.4/reference/simple_stmts.html#assignment-statements
but not in the source package nor the .chm file included in the Windows
binaries for the same release.
Same with 3.1.1

Looks like an error in the build process.

--
Gabriel Genellina