Pyfora, a place for python

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:29:50 EST 2009

> My personal preference would be a link in each sub-paragraph in the official
> documentation to a wiki page devoted to that specific aspect of the Python
> language. A place were users could augment the documentation by providing
> sample code and by expanding out the documentation for those of us who don't
> live and breath Python in our sleep. Real Python coders would not click on
> the user wiki links and all of us newbies could communicate with each other.
> But until a place like that exists, perhaps Pyfora will get us part way
> there.

The PHP documentation has this feature: user comments right on the
same page (no link to a wiki, though). It's great, most of the best
usage practices that I have learned in that language came from the
user's comments, not from the official documentation itself.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il