self.__dict__ tricks

Tue Nov 3 21:25:06 EST 2009

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:26:49 +0000, Simon Brunning wrote:

> 2009/11/1 Steven D'Aprano <steve at remove-this-cybersource.com.au>:
>>
>> The only stupid question is the one you are afraid to ask.
>
> I was once asked, and I quote exactly, "are there any fish in the
> Atlantic sea?"
>
> That's pretty stupid. ;-)

Once in the distant past, there were no fish in what would become the
Atlantic Ocean (not sea); and some day in the future there won't be any
fish either. At the rate we're going that day may not be that far away:
fish are being over-fished all over the world, jellyfish are blooming,
and there are areas of the Namibian continental where the dominant
species have flipped from fish to jellyfish:

http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2009/september/jellyfish.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060711091411.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090609092057.htm

So, no, not a stupid question at all.