Calendar Problem

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Tue Nov 3 18:56:07 EST 2009

MichaB Klich wrote:
> Dnia wtorek 03 listopada 2009 o 20:50:10 Victor Subervi napisał(a):
>
>> Hi;
>> I have the following:
>>
>> import calendar, datetime
>>
>> myCal =alendar.calendar(6)
>> today =atetime.date.today()
>> day =oday.day
>> mo =oday.month
>> yr =oday.year
>> month =yCal.monthdayscalendar(yr, mo)
>>
>> The last line throws errors no matter how I try and tweak it. The current
>> incarnation complains about myCal being a string. What do?
>> TIA,
>> Victor
>>

> You should use
>
> myCal =calendar.Calendar(6)
>
> This creates calendar.Calendar object.

Right. But I wanted to tell the OP what to do with an error like this.

You should post the actual error traceback, and tell us what version of
Python you're using:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "M:\Programming\Python\sources\dummy\stuff2.py", line 15, in <module>
month = myCal.monthdayscalendar(yr, mo)
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'monthdayscalendar'

Now, since it says that myCal is a 'str' object, the next thing you
should do is look at the value. I get an actual printable calendar for a
year. So clearly, it's not the Calendar object you were looking for. So
you need to change from the calendar() function to the Calendar()
constructor.

DaveA