Pyfora, a place for python

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Tue Nov 3 10:05:21 EST 2009

Lorenzo Gatti wrote:
> On Nov 1, 8:06 am, Saketh <saketh.bhamidip... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am proud to announce the release of Pyfora (http://pyfora.org), an
>> online community of Python enthusiasts to supplement comp.lang.python
>> and #python. While the site is small right now, please feel free to
>> register and post any questions or tips you may have.
>
> I'll feel free to not even bookmark it. I'm sorry, but it is just a
> bad idea. [...]

I agree.

> Your forum cannot (and should not) compete either with Python's
> official newsgroup, IRC channel and mailing list or with popular, well-
> made and well-frequented general programming sites like
> stackoverflow.com. [...]

The good thing is, unless something the announced new forum gets
critical mass, it will just slowly (or not-so-slowly die).

But even though I'm an old-timer who still prefers newsgroups/mailing
lists, I think that there should be something better, browser based. In
particular supporting moderation/voting and tagging/filtering.

-- Gerhard