Handling large datastore search

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 3 09:53:51 EST 2009

Ahmed Barakat wrote:

> In case I have a  huge datastore (10000 entries, each entry has like 6
> properties)

Can you show some sample entries?  That way we can get an idea how your
datastore looks like.

By the way, 10000 doesn't sound that much. At work I create python
programs which do data processing and ofter have this much entries in a
dictionary, often more.

> Is the conversion to XML a good solution, or it is not?

XML is meant to be an exchange format; it is not designed for storage or
fast retrieval.

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across