Sqlite3. Substitution of names in query.

Tue Nov 3 02:02:59 EST 2009

In message <mailman.2509.1257229930.2807.python-list at python.org>, Dennis Lee
Bieber wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:41:10 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>
>> There is no such parsing overhead. I speak from experience.
>>
> <snort>
>
>> Look at the BulkInserter class here
>> <http://www.codecodex.com/wiki/Useful_MySQL_Routines>. I have
>> successfully used that to insert tens of thousands of records in just a
>> few seconds. Yet it makes no use of the parameter-substitution provided
>> by MySQLdb; it is all
>
> You picked the wrong database to use for your argument.

I would say "that is precisely my point", but I'll be kind and give you a
chance: pick another database, if you think that will make your point
better.