Command parsing... best module to use?

TerryP bigboss1964 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:22:37 EST 2009

On Nov 2, 2:27 pm, Collin D <collin.da... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> I am writing a game in python, and it includes a text console somewhat
> like the one in WoW and Runescape. I want to be able to include "/"
> commands, like IRC, and was wondering what the best module would be to
> parse these.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Collin D

I'm not aware of any module designed for parsing arbitrary text in
that way, although it may be possible to subvert something to the
task. If you are following the usual IRC client behavioural pattern,
then just suck up the line - then see if the first non-whitespace
character is a '/', then react accordingly. Simple.