Pyfora, a place for python

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Nov 2 10:24:35 EST 2009

I just noticed the tag line "a place for Python". Looked it up online (http://pyfora.org/
) and it will be interesting to see if it can fill the void that I
experience (no centralized place to post and view user submitted
sample code) in the existing Python community.

As for user community fragmentation, I would guess that someone would
be less likely to create such a site if the user community needs were
being met by the official sites. There is a place for the existing old
school interaction forums (the IRC channel, the Usenet groups and
mailing lists), but there is also a place for archived user submitted
comments.

My personal preference would be a link in each sub-paragraph in the
official documentation to a wiki page devoted to that specific aspect
of the Python language. A place were users could augment the
documentation by providing sample code and by expanding out the
documentation for those of us who don't live and breath Python in our
sleep. Real Python coders would not click on the user wiki links and
all of us newbies could communicate with each other. But until a place
like that exists, perhaps Pyfora will get us part way there.

Kee