Feedback wanted on programming introduction (Python in Windows)

Thad Smith ThadSmith at acm.org
Sun Nov 1 21:44:29 EST 2009

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> ... so I cheerfully installed it on the
> user's desktop machine (Windows ME, would you believe), and then set
> about configuring the reader, when... ouch! No PDF reader on the
> machine. Not even an ancient Adobe version. Oh dear. Program suddenly
> rendered completely useless for that person.

There is a Catch 22 for installing Adobe Reader from the Adobe site (
http://get.adobe.com/reader/ ) for the first time, without making a
blind promise: "By clicking the Download button you agree to the License
Agreements and Privacy Policies for the software included."  Guess what
format the license agreement is in.  ;-)

--
Thad