Tkinter callback arguments

Lord Eldritch lord_eldritch at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 14:53:25 EST 2009

Hi

Maybe this is maybe something it has been answered somewhere but I haven't
been able to make it work. I wanna pass one variable to a callback function
and I've read the proper way is:

Button(......, command=lambda: function(x))

So with

def function(a): print a

I get the value of x. Ok. My problem now is that I generate the widgets in a
loop and I use the variable to 'label' the widget:

for x in range(0,3):  Button(......, command=lambda: function(x))

so pressing each button should give me 0,1,2.

But with the lambda, I always get the last index, because it gets actualized
at each loop cycle. Is there any way to get that?

Thanks in advance!
--
Lord Eldritch