Can I run a python program from within emacs?

rustom rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:15:07 EST 2009

On Nov 1, 7:20 pm, Robinson <WanderingAen... at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have also just started with both Aquamacs and Python so I ask for
> your patience as well.
> When I evaluate the buffer (C-c C-C) I don't see any response or
> output from my python program. Should another buffer open
> automatically? Should a terminal window open?
> thanks for your patience.
> Rugbeia Floreat Ubique
>
> > On Mar 20, 3:09 pm, jmDesktop <needin4mat... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm trying to learn Python.  I using Aquamac an emac
> > > implementation with mac os x.  I have a program.  If I go to the
> > > command prompt and type pythong myprog.py, it works.  Can the
> > program
> > > be run from within the editor or is that not how development is
> > done?

There are two python modes -- python.el and python-mode.el
Default with emacs is python.el, what comes from/with python is python-
mode.el (needs a download and a couple of lines of setup see
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode). I recommend python-mode.

The key-bindings are different --C-c ! to start interpreter followed
by C-c C-c to exec a file.