Some Basic questions on the use of CTRL and ALT Keys

joy99 subhakolkata1234 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:41:42 EST 2009

Dear Group,

I have written a small and simple program like the following:

def alphabet1(n):
    file_open=open("/python26/alphabetlist1.txt","r")
    file_read=file_open.read()
    file_word=file_read.split()
    print file_word

Here, I am using a file “alphabetlist1.txt” which I am reading and
then splitting them into words.

In this file “alphabetlist1.txt” I have arranged few alphabets like
the following:

a A
b B
c C
d D
E e
F f

Where, a/b/c/d/e/f are in  lower case and A/B/C/D/E/F are in upper
case which I can say as
SHIFT+a
SHIFT+b
SHIFT+c
SHIFT+d
SHIFT+e
SHIFT+f

Now, in the list or anywhere in the program if I want to write
CTRL+a/b/c/d/e/f or ALT+a/b/c/d/e/f for which I may assign any value I
may feel not only cut/copy/paste.

How would I represent them?

It may not be a Python specific question but as this room is full with
many expert programmers if someone can help me out.

I copied the above program from .py file to a word processor like MS-
WORD so some indentation might have changed, I am sorry for the same.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.