jython and java application

KB keith at nekotaku.com
Wed Nov 25 20:30:19 EST 2009

Hi there,

Apologies if this is on the wrong group, this is a jython question.
Please redirect me to the correct group if this is in error.

I have a java application that takes no arguements. When I run it, it
spits out output, and finishes.

I am trying to run this java application from jython 2.5.1, JRE6.

I have made simple "Hello World" java classes be callable from a
simple jython script, yet I am stumbling on the java main construct in
the application.

print krbtest.SimpleHistoricTutorial().main() obviously gives me an
args error (expected 1, got 0) as the definition in the java
application is:

public static void main(String[] args)

The jython code is as follows:
import krbtest

# was messing with this to pass a java formatted string but to no
avail

from java.lang import String

print krbtest.SimpleHistoricTutorial().main()

#####

Any advice greatly appreciated! Especially with how to call "main()"
with arguments from jython.

Apologies in advance again if this is the wrong group.